Monday, November 5, 2018

One-on-One "Date Night" With Mom

One-on-one time with my kids is very important to me.  Having three kids, it can be difficult to give each of them individual attention every day, so we like to plan individual "date nights" every few months.

I recently took my youngest daughter on a weekend getaway with my best friend, and her daughter. While my one-on-one dates aren't usually this elaborate, we really needed the time away, and a trip with my bestie is always a great idea! We went to the beach, and stopped by Colonial Williamsburg on the the way home. I m a huge history buff, and I've never been to Williamsburg, so I was like a kid on Christmas!




When I saw an ad on Facebook for a local theater company, performing Steel Magnolias,
I just had to get tickets to take my daughter, Lexi. It’s one of our favorite movies, and I
knew she’d be excited to see the play.  I was right! As soon as I told her where we were
going, she freaked out!




When I got the tickets online, I was able to choose our seats- front row, middle! Score!  
It was the perfect spot! We even got wet at one point, when an actress knocked over a
water bottle. We weren’t allowed to take photos during the show, but here are a couple
from their Facebook page.




It was absolutely perfect! The entire cast & crew did an outstanding job.

My brother and I took my son and my nephew to a Washington Nationals baseball game.
It's a little harder to plan our "dates" since he's older, and getting to be a little too old to
hang with mom. Luckily, we both love baseball.



I'm so grateful to be able to make these memories with my kiddos. I love hanging out
with them, and showing them how much fun life can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Ways to Make Extra Money

     Funding an active lifestyle, on a budget is difficult.  I rely heavily on my side hustles, to make these trips happen.  Below are my f...