Thursday, November 8, 2018

Visiting the White House

I love history, and sadly only one of my kids shares that passion with me.  So, when I decided to apply to visit the White House, I knew I had to take her with me.  I got a ticket for my brother, who also likes history. So, after being approved (and maybe screaming with excitement), I planned our trip to the nation's capital.

We live less than two hours away, so we made this a day trip.  Since we were visiting the White House, I got tickets to tour the Capitol building as well. All I had to do for both, was reach out to my local congressman's office. They took care of everything.  It was a very easy process, and they answered all my questions.

We took the Metro into DC, and went straight to our first stop, the White House. Security takes FOREVER, and we were in line about twice as long as we were inside! Make sure you hit the bathroom before getting in the security line.










After leaving the White House, we grabbed hotdogs at a food truck, and hiked down to the Capitol building for our tour.




It was so beautiful!  I didn't get a lot of pictures, because there were so many people.  I just enjoyed the tour.

On our way back to the Metro, we saw this flower statue, and my daughter wanted to get a picture with it.


We had an amazing day, and I'm so glad we did it.  I don't think I would go back to the White House, but it's definitely something I think everyone should do once. The photos don't do it justice- it's gorgeous inside, and there are so many details you have to see in person to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Ways to Make Extra Money

     Funding an active lifestyle, on a budget is difficult.  I rely heavily on my side hustles, to make these trips happen.  Below are my f...